Laughter Yoga Wellness & Meditation Retreat
Welcome to Laughter Yoga Wellness & Meditation Retreat!
Here is your chance to give the gentle laughter wellness (hasaya) yoga a try, in a brand new and totally fun and meaningful way!
The retreat centre is located at 5720 Forgets Rd, which is the second driveway on the property. (The B&B / house are at the first driveway, #5790.)
Located on 150 acres of majestic maple and cedar forests, lush meadows and surrounded by 3000 acres of provincial land, you can breathe fresh air, sleep deeply and feel revitalized just by being here. 20 km of trails are accessible from the property for hiking or skiing. You can walk for hours and not see another person or find a special place to sit still in the forest.
$399 per person (Dorm style – Max. 4pp per cabin)
Semi-private occupancy (2pp): add a one-time fee of $30 per person
Private occupancy: add a one-time fee of $50 per person.
Please let us know of your room preference as soon as possible (first come first served basis).
Check our other website section to find details on what to bring and the retreat schedule.
Full payment is required to reserve your spot.
Your all-inclusive Laughter Yoga Wellness and Meditation Retreat includes:
- Daily professionally facilitated laughter, meditation and deep breathing sessions
- A special laughter workshop on the history of Laughter Yoga Wellness, its philosophy and benefits
- 2 evenings of fun activities
- 6 vegetarian or vegan meals (organic & local when possible.) Special diets may be accommodated for a surcharge.
- Healthy snacks, tea and coffee available 24 hours per day
- 2 nights shared accommodations (quad occupancy per cabin; semi-private or private occupancy available for additional fee)
- Laughter memories and new friendships to embrace for a lifetime!
- cancel 6 weeks or more prior to the retreat: $100 cancellation fee
- cancel less that 6 weeks prior to retreat: 50% refund
- cancel less than 3 weeks prior to retreat: no refund
Each of the ten cabins is nestled in the woods surrounding the retreat centre. Each cabin accommodates up to 4 people with either 4 twin beds or one double and 3 twin beds. Washroom facilities are located in the main retreat centre less than a minute walk from any cabin. Washrooms have private and spacious showers. Two cabins and the main center are wheelchair accessible.
Some general information about the Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre and Laughter yoga wellness.
About Laughter Yoga Wellness:
Retreat Weekend Schedule
Friday July 19th
5:30pm Arrival, Registration and Welcome Reception & Refreshments
7:30pm Opening and Setting of Intentions
8:00-9:30pm Intro to the Laughter Yoga Wellness Concept and Chocolate Meditation
Saturday July 27th
8:30am Walking Meditation (in nature weather permitting or indoors)
10:00am Laughter Session and Grounding Dance
1:00pm Free Time (hiking, napping, reading, relaxation)
2:30pm Mini-Laughter Session
3:00pm Laughter Workshop (Introduction to the concept, philosophy and benefits of Laughter Yoga Wellness for a more relaxed lifestyle)
4:30pm Deep Breathing Exercises and Yoga Nidra Session
7:00pm Free time
8:00pm Evening entertainment (optional)
Sunday July 28th
8:30am Walking Meditation and Laughter Meditation (in nature weather permitting or indoors)
10:30am Laughter Session and Laughter Kirtan Improvisation Session
11:30pm Affirmations Session
1:00pm Closing Circle with Breathe-Connect Gratitude Meditation
*Please feel free to partake in any activities you wish and rest whenever you like.
* Schedule subject to change.
What to bring:
The followings are some “suggestions” for some items you can bring with you to the retreat:
- A smile or two or more
- Towel for showering
- Alarm clock
- Ear plugs (if needed)
- Comfortable & relaxed clothing (including for walking meditation & possible hikes in the area)
- Swimsuit (if you plan to go swimming/sunbathing at the lake by Midland, about 10-15 minutes from Sugar Ridge)
- Layered clothing for the season (sweater/fleece in case the weather is a bit cool)
- Waterproof footwear (if you wish to go to the lake area by Midland or if it rains)
- Yoga mat or Towel (to lie down during some exercises – you can also bring a cushion for extra comfort if you prefer to sit on the floor)
- Sunscreen, bug repellent
- Slippers (no outer footwear at the retreat)
- Water bottle
- Folding chair (for portable sitting options at the centre or surroundings)
- Journal and notepads
- A sense of adventure
- An open & respectful attitude towards yourself and others
- A commitment to yourself and your well-being
- A willingness to laugh and play at 100%
- Allow yourself permission to escape into a weekend of fun, inspiration, rejuvenation, self-discovery and relaxation
Note: For some of our activities, we would like to prepare the following – it is all optional:
- A picture of yourself as a child
- Send us in advance – prior to July 15 if possible, a couple of songs that you like and make you feel like dancing whenever you hear them
- On one of the evenings, we will do a campfire, weather permitting. We will bring some marshmallow, bananas, chocolate. If you wish to share a special treat with us, please bring it for the group. Also, if you like playing the guitar and/or have some favourite campfire songs & games, bring whatever you wish to share with our group.
Sugar Ridge is a casual outdoor atmosphere. Bring the appropriate footwear and clothes in case of rain and mud.
Please avoid use of scented toiletries while at the retreat. Any valuables not needed for your stay should be left at home.
What Others Have Said
“The Laughter Yoga weekend session with Marjorie was one of the funnest and most welcoming training sessions I have ever attended. She provided me with the confidence, knowledge and most important, the ability to let loose and be silly that I needed to become the laughter instructor I am today… I am grateful that I discovered Laughter Yoga, as it has helped me to open my mind, heart and spirit to the wonders that laughter can bring to one’s life.”
“Marjorie is not only a gifted instructor, she’s a wonderful and passionate human being. She always speaks from her heart and is able to pass on her knowledge with the ease of an artist. I’d put off taking Marjorie’s workshop for far too long always having had what I perceived as more important commitments. When I finally did take her training, I wished I had done so sooner, as I know it would have made a difference in my life. The entire weekend was filled with heartfelt genuine and infectious laughter which made learning fun and the time fly by. I learned so much and am finding myself using her instructions in my everyday life. Situations that may have aggravated me in the past now seem trivial and I’m able to laugh about them and at myself as well. I’m eternally grateful as she has helped me change my life for the better.”
“It has been said that “Laughter is the best Medicine . Unfortunately, after my dad became an Angel, I lost myself & sunk into a deep & terrible depression…Then, something magical happened…my dad sent me an earth Angel by the name of Marjorie Moulin. She introduced me to Laughter Yoga & helped me heal over the past couple of months…I feel Joy again. I feel excited & motivated & I look forward to the positive things life has to bring.“
“Marjorie…I wanted to tell you how my day had already felt changed as my kids and I went over the morning “laughing” routine (we learned during our training with you this past week-end) and my 2.5 year old daughter’s eyes were sparkly and wide as my son and I laughed for no reason. My husband laughed in response to something we would normally bicker about…my son and I went out of our way throughout the day to laugh and laugh–once I was distracted and he said, “Mom, why aren’t you laughing?” and it was the greatest moment because he was reframing the present for me.”
“THANK YOU for a wonderful workshop week-end and for filling my heart with laughter!
I’ve learned to give myself and others permission to laugh…”
“I’ve laughed more this weekend than my entire childhood! Very good and helpful information.
Very good training! A lot of learning! Helpful for life.”
“Be the smile you want to see in the world! Join us and help us spread laughter in the world one smile at a time!”
This retreat is over…
Here’s what some happy people said about it…
“Feeling GREAT! More confidence, rejuvenated, happy, relaxed… at peace.”
“I am relaxed and equipped with the tools to TAKE ON THE WORLD!”
“Thank you for the healing you have given me. It has been a great contribution to my personal growth and health. I can’t thank you enough. MERCI MERCI MERCI!”
“I am very happy I came. [I Learned] wonderful Laughter Yoga and exercise techniques. Thank you! =)”
“[I would like to remember] everything, friendships, warmth, fun and how to de-stress!”
“I will apply the techniques I have learned to de-stress and to laugh for no reason, to keep feeling HAPPY, JOYFUL & ALIVE.”
… But don’t worry, leave us an email address below and we’ll let you know the details for the upcoming Winter’s Laughter Wellness Retreat soon!